Monday, September 28, 2009

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things - Wine!

I love movies. I love books. I love cheesy TV. Traveling, chi chi things, and yummy restaurants are also tops. But Wine is Wonderful. I love to go on wine tasting tours - in Michigan, in California, wherever.

My first experience with true Wine Tasting was in Napa. Go big or go home! My ex-boyfriend and I went off to Napa where we spent 3 days visiting Domaine Chandon, Coppola, Beringer, Kunde, Mondavi and many other wineries. We were on a mission. One day we hit 9 wineries in a day and by the time we got to V Sattui for tasting, I was seriously tipsy. The wine pourer asked me if I had a designated driver before server me. It was only lunch time!

Then it was off to the Leelanau Wine Trail in Northern Michigan. I have been to these sooooo many times with Mary Jo, Wendy, Nicole, Lori, Fay, Linda, Melissa to name a few. We enjoy the chocolate at the Valentine's Day tasting, the appetizers in May, the pasta in the fall and the Christmas ornaments for the Toast the Season. We zig and zag, gig and jag as we navigate our way around the peninsula. The next winery is a mere little finger on the map from the last one. We go to Madaonna's Dad's winery and scream "Papa don't Preach, we're in trouble deep" every time and it never gets old! We eat too much cheese, get stomach aches and pass out early every time we go.

Fay, Shawn and I tried to wines of Temecula once where we decided that talking in British accents was the only way to sample wine. As we called all our friends who were working and left funny messages with accents, we sampled the selection of wine. I went off to the Santa Ynez valley with Alvin to sample wines. Anyone who knows Alvin knows that was not without a laugh or to as we visited wineries, went to Solvang (a CA Frankenmuth) and went to visit the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in a little over 13 hours! I've stalked Andrew Firestone (from the Bachelor) and the Firestone Winery. I hit up some wineries near Portland Oregon and ended up a car ferry to cross 100 feet of river!

I love wineries; wineries love me! Off to search for my new favorite cab or pinot!

No comments:

Post a Comment