Tuesday, September 29, 2009

How Do I Get Myself Into These Situations?

Spas are cool. I love to get massages, facials, manicures, pedicures. If I were rich, I would definitely be there multiple times a week. Wherever I go, I try to find new and unique spas to try. Spas are suppose to be serene and calming but often times drama ensures. Go figure!

Let's start with Lucky Nails in Cypress (L.A.) where Wendy and I visited frequently. We became their regulars and they badgered us every time asking "Do you want flower?" No, we do not want freakin' flowers on our toes. We want a plain pedicure and we want you to stop talking and laughing at us in Vietnamese. We do not have ugly feet, we keep up with our services, we are not circus freaks.

Moving north in California to Napa Valley, my ex and I decided to go to mud baths. Bad idea! I do not like sand in my bathing suit at the beach and I certainly do not like mud in all my bits and pieces. There was nothing romantic is sitting in mud baths (that are probably reused) and then trying to get all the mud removed. It was excruciating and I do not recommend it to anyone! Do a couple's massage instead.

Off now to Las Vegas with Wendy and another friend where we went to Dejanel Spa. Given our excitable nature and the fact that we like to talk, we were yelled at and told "Girl's go to the meditation room!" We are paying you to yell at us? Really? As we sulked in silence and tried not to laugh out loud, the other guests rejoiced in our silence.

Finally, in Turkey I went to a hamman at the World Congress hotel in Anatalya. I chose the wet massage. After struggling to convey to the masseuse that I was going to keep my bathing suit ON for this service, it was an adventure. Water, bubbles, and towels were flying in this coed massage room (where there were many naked people who really should not have been naked.) I was massaged within an inch of my life and I was poked and prodded. When I was done, I swear I was married to my masseuse in at least 7 countries!

I long for a spa where I get the serenity and peacefulness of what they all promise! I want to relax and not get yelled at, not have to dig mud out of places where it should have never been and I want to keep my clothes on that I want to keep on! I want the blissful experience!

1 comment:

  1. Spa at Williamsburg Lodge - the BEST spa I have ever been to! You must go! Just like in your dreams or the movies!

    ReplyDelete