Thursday, March 4, 2010

Where to Next?

The other night, I was cleaning out my file cabinet. I know, how much fun can one person have?But I came across my Travel folder, where I have clippings of places that I want to visit. I've had some great experiences and have been all over the world but my list of places to go is still long. First up, the Greek Isles. I want to eating flaming cheese in Santorini and ride a Vespa all over the island.

I want to go to Italy. I want to pretend I am a fashionista in Milan, chat with the Pope when I am in Rome, ride down the real canals in Venice (I have been to the one in the Ventian in Las Vegas, but I imagine it is a little different) and I want to explore Florence. I want to go to the walled city where Bella saves Edward to the 2nd Twilight book and I want to drink wine and eat bread in Tuscany.

Germany is on the list. I love German Park in Ann Arbor and I really want to go to a real Oktoberfest eating bratwurst's in a beer hall. I want to see Auschwitz and Berlin to understand world history.

I want to eat tapas through Spain. Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia, a few cities where I can see Gaudi's work and practice my bad Spanish.

I want to go on Safari in Africa. I want to sleep in a luxurious tent lodge where the animals roam free. I envision it being a little like Survivor, yet a lot cleaner.

Other places - Rio - I need to sing at the top of my lungs the song Copacabana on Copacabana Beach. I want to drive from San Francisco to Monterrey to Carmel to Big Sur in a convertible, big sunglasses and a flowing scarf. I want to spend some time in Champagne and Burgundy France staying at quaint Bed and Breakfast's. I want to Montreal (again) and Quebec City - I mean, Canada is our neighbor, I should stop and say hi!

I love vacations. I love the planning, the scouring over the guide books and planning our sightseeing schedule to be in the right neighborhoods at the right times with minimal back tracking. I like to take private tours where someone drives me around to what I want to see. I do not like bus tours, but I like segway, bike and walking tours. I like to find unique things to do (parasailing, biking down a volcano, riding in a submarines, taking a rickshaw through Old Delhi). I don't like to dilly dally, when I am sightseeing, I mean business! I love tall buildings and observation towers - if the city has one, I am there!

I want to be Rachael Ray or Samantha Brown and get paid to travel to interesting places!

No comments:

Post a Comment