Thursday, March 18, 2010

I Just Wanna Live While I'm Alive

Last night, Tom, Scottie too hottie, Fay and I trucked out the Palace to see Bon Jovi in concert. Now, I love Bon Jovi. I have seen them at least 5 times in Saratoga at SPAC even flying home in the summer of 2005 especially to see them with 9 of my closest family and friends. They just rock! I never get tired of screaming along to "Born To Be My Baby" and "Livin' on a Prayer." I do the head banging, fist pumping, dancing whenever I hear Bon Jovi.

After our 1 1/2 hour trip to get 50 miles in rush hour traffic on St. Patrick's Day, we headed in to grab some food, played a quick game of Comcast trivia and listened to the opening act Dashboard Confessional which wasn't half bad. We however, did not, buy souvenirs. T-shirts were $45 - are you kidding me? That's more than what we payed for fairly good seats. I am not paying $45 for a t-shirt unless it is Juicy Couture or Ed Hardy. FFS!

The people watching was almost better than Greenwish Village. We had a man dressed head to toe like Wyatt Earp. He obviously liked Bon Jovi's Young Guns phase. We saw women with tie dyed jeans (1982 called - come home in the Hot Tub Time Machine), shredded one shoulder shirts (hello, I did not think we were here to watch Flashdance), mullets, feathered bangs and lots of middle-aged women in 1987 concert t-shirts trying to relive their youth. It was awesome!

Once the concert started, it was a non-stop frenzy of 2 1/2 hours, 24 songs from the years! The piece de resistance came during the encore when Kid Rock came out to sing Wanted Dead or Alive with Bon Jovi!

I've been everywhere
(Ohh, yea)
Still I'm standin' tall
I've seen a million faces
And I've rocked them all
'Cause I'm a cowboy
On a steel horse I ride
I'm wanted(Wanted)
Dead or alive

I sprang to life as Tom said, this is the most awake you have been all night. Screaming ensued, more fist pumping and head banging and when the song was finally over, I sunk into my chair spent.

It's my life
It's now or never
I ain't gonna live forever
I just wanna live while I'm alive!

What a fun night!

No comments:

Post a Comment