Wednesday, March 17, 2010

What the F?

I am back on my favorite rant, the lack of customer service in our society. Here are 3 new examples of just how truly stupid people are:

My Mom and I were in Bath and Body Works the day after Christmas and I was shopping for these fluffy, awesome lounge socks. When we got to the store, the signs said 75% percent off. I veered to bins leaving browsers in my wake. I grabbed my 3 pairs of socks and rushed to the registers. When they ring up, they were only 50% off. When I inquire, the cashier says the signs are wrong. I calmly say (ask my Mom, I was truly nice to start out) "well I think we should get the 75% off price since that is what they are advertised at." She said, "Ma'am, no need to cop an attitude." That is when I lost it! First of all, do not call me Ma'am. I am not 80! You want to see attitude b*tch, well you are going to get the mother of attitudes now you little twit. I wanted to snap my fingers in a "Z" formation and say you haven't seen anything yet, but I controlled myself.

After I got the 75% off and all the surrounding shoppers did as well ( I staged a coup), I spoke with the manager and let her know that her cashier needed some customer service training.

A couple of weeks ago, Tom, Tracey and I were at Red Lobster for dinner. I got the pick 2 - lobster alfredo and salmon. The salmon was horrible - so fishy, I could not even eat it. As the waitress took my plate away, she inquired about why I did not eat the salmon. I told her it was awful, fishy and unpalatable. She said "Salmon is fishy. Have you ever had salmon before?" I looked at her dumbstruck. Is she for real? Yes, I have had salmon you dumb ass! I have had salmon at some of the best West Coast restaurants in the country and I know how great salmon should taste. I am not your typical middle/lower class customer, you tool! Now, take this plate away before I throw this salmon at you!

Next up, the recent Delta Debacle. They cancelled my flight for no reason (they could not tell me why) and wanted to get me home 3 hours after my birthday party started. They would not pay another airline to get me home, they would not connect me through different cities, they were unhelpful for 45 minutes. Finally after a bunch of F word expletives and the phrase "your airline is a piece of shit" I called AMEX after hours who lo and behold was able to get me home only 4 hours after I was supposed to get home. The results of my nasty gram to Delta are not it, but I am going to make them pay!

I always say that I think 95% of the population is stupid, which makes it hard for us 5% that actually have a clue. What ever happened to the customer is always right? I guarantee you I am the wrong customer to mess with!

No comments:

Post a Comment