Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I'm Bored

My mother always used to yell at me when I said "I'm Bored" as a child. Well I turn 36 next week and I can tell you that I still suffer from boredom. It is an incurable disease that has flared up violently this week. My niece, KellieLynn was suffering from it this weekend and I could relate. It sucks. It makes you feel crappy and I want it to go away. Why am I bored? Because I am doing the same thing day in and day out - get up, work, some sort of event in the evening and then bed. Where is the adventure? Where is the drama? Where is the new experience?

Over the years, my boredom has fed my obsessions. It made me join the Jaycees 12 years ago and keeps me traveling all over the world. It made me spend hours making cakes for my co-workers as I frosted my way through 4 cake decorating classes. It made me read the entire 12 books in the Gossip Girl series in 1 month as I waited for winter to end. I started this blog cause I was bored last August. It makes me do "crazy" things in my quest to escape boredom.

So what am I going to do this time to cure my boredom? I have no freakin' clue. Maybe I should try to do 2 new things per week. Watch out Tom, this could get interesting.

Not sure what it will be but I think I the following could help:

1) Sunshine - I am sick of the Michigan gloom. How can we have day after day of no sunshine? Who dropped a massive cloud of the state?

2) Flipflops - they just make everything better. Maybe I can crank up the heat and run around the house in them.

3) A Mental Health Day to figure our my next conquest.

Now to just figure out when I have time!

No comments:

Post a Comment