Monday, March 8, 2010

False Advertising

Friday night, Tom and I went to see the movie Brooklyn's Finest. We went in part because it takes place in NY and I love movies that take place in NY. We went to see it partly because it looks ghetto and I am on a ghetto kick and have been since 2002 when we started hanging out in LBC (Long Beach Central) and avoiding CPT (Comptom). We also went because the trailer plays Rihanna's song "Run This Town Tonight" which is my favorite song of the moment.

After the movie, I felt cheated. It was ghetto, but it was Training Day Part 2. Why didn't they just name it that? I mean Ethan Hawke was in both of these movies. You saw none of NY beyond a 15 block section of the projects and Rihanna's song was not even played in the movie. Not even in the credits! What false advertising!

That got me thinking about false advertising and how people/companies will say and do shady things to trick you. Like Target this weekend. I asked where the shorts section was and pointed to 1 rack. Since when is one rack a section? Good grief! That is barely more shorts than what my closet holds!

Don't even get me started on Delta. When the Northwest - Delta merger was announced, they vowed that our Platinum benefits would not change. I have to tell you, that is a crock! My complaint rate is even higher now than before, if that is even possible. I must be topping 95% at this point! They have a private line dedicated to dealing with me instead of a private line because I am a frequent flier! I have yet to give out one of my 'Service Award' coupons they gave me to recognize outstanding service.

Maybe it is my no bullshit attitude, but tell it like it is. I can take it. If you told me I was off to Training Day 2, I probably still would have went but I would have had different expectations. The same with the shorts and with Delta. The truth always comes out - don't try pulling the wool over my eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment