Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Travelisms - the best souvenirs of a trip!

About 7 years ago, my friends and I started "Travelisms" - basically funny sayings that occur while we are out and about. As I was cleaning out my desk today, I came across some funny sayings from 2003 and I thought I'd share a few of the best ones with you.

Tim, Wendy and I went to the Dodger's game and Tim's seat was in another section. How did that happen? We bought all the seats at the same time!

- Mitzi, watch the posters - as we are crammed in the crowded section with LA Dodger posters that keep poking us.

- The game has started with little fanfare - apparently going to a baseball game in LA is more about being seen than watching the game. We were halfway through the first inning before we realized the game had even started.

- We assimilated easily and the locals embarrassed us. What? Are we a little dramatic or what? Just because someone talked to us? You'd think we were filming a cheesy Lifetime movie!

- If I could get to my pants, I would pay you - did I mention that we were very crowded at the game? I think this also lead to the phrase, "This feels like being in a middle seat in Northwest coach." We got really spoiled traveling so much for work.

The piece de resistance for this baseball game - you can buy crack cocaine 2 blocks away from here, but you can not buy more than 2 beers, you hear Tim muttering as he has to stand in the beer line for the 4th time of the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment