Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I Heart Oscar

Do you know that I am obsessed with movie stars, celebrity and paparazzi? Well I do. Shit, now Lady Gaga's song will be going through my head for a week!

The Oscar Nominees came out this morning and in less than 30 minutes after they were announced, Bob, Wendy and I had our picks in for voting and bragging rights for 2010. Let's talk about the nominees:


Best Picture
Avatar - Seriously, where there any real actors in this movie? It should be up for a CGI award, yet the stupid votes will probably give the Oscar to this movie

The Blind Side - My pick for best movie. Finally a "based on a true story movie" that was not of Lifetime TV caliber.

District 9 - Slipped in and out of consciousness while watching this movie on the way to Buenos Aires. Looked like a bunch of ugly aliens eating people.

An Education - Probably pretty good but seems to be a British movie. Let it win at the British Oscars.

The Hurt Locker - Sitting on my TV Stand waiting to be watched. But probably too realistic and depressing for this economy.

Inglourious Basterds - Slipped in and out of consciousness while watching this movie on the way to Buenos Aires. Brad Pitt with a bad 'stache who can not spell.

Precious - Too disturbing for me besides Mariah Carey looks uglier than normal.

A Serious Man - Never heard of this movie. Were they scrapping the bottom of the barrel for this movie? They should have stuck to 5 nominees.

Up - Good but should win the animated category as there were absolutely no real actors in this movie.

Up in the Air - Depressing. But it gets 2 thumbs up since it was filmed partly in Detroit and I was at the airport during filming.

Where the hell is The Hangover?

Best Actor
Jeff Bridges, Crazy Heart - Another story of a has been. Need to see the movie but my guess to win.

George Clooney, Up in the Air - Being snubbed so far, but I actually did feel sorry for George in the movie. He plays ice cold dick well, at lease at the beginning of the movie.

Colin Firth, A Single Man - I do like Mr. Darcy, but too limited of a release. Try again next year!

Morgan Freeman, Invictus - Tom liked the movie, I refused to see it. You've won before Morgan, time to allow someone else a chance this year.

Jeremy Renner, The Hurt Locker - Who? See my comments of the movie above. Be happy with the nomination.


Best Actress
Sandra Bullock, Blind Side - Who I want to win but who won't. But shit, after over $300 million in box office this year, she can laugh her way to the bank.

Helen Mirren, The Last Station - Just because it is British movie, does not mean she should be nominated every year. Enough already. Go to the BAFTAs!

Carey Mulligan, An Education - Sorry, you are not going to win. I do not like your hair!

Gabourey Sidibe, Precious - From what I can gather (since I will never see this movie) Monique outshines you. At least you will get a free dress out of the night.

Meryl Streep, Juli and Julia - I loved her in this movie and I think she will win. I wish they could co-Oscars to her and Sandra. All I can say is "Bon Appetite" whenever I eat out now!

We'll see what the Oscars show brings, but I have to go now. I have a bunch of movies to watch before then!

No comments:

Post a Comment