Wednesday, February 3, 2010

But What Were You Thinking Oscar?

Yesterday, we dispensed with the big Oscars, but now let's look at the Best Supporting Actress and Actor nominees:

Best Supporting Actor
Matt Damon, Invictus - Or as I like to call Inviticus. I just don't buy Matt with a South African accent. A Boston ghetto accent, yes, but not an African accent.

Woody Harrelson, The Messenger - Why not for Zombieland? He totally rocked that part! He is still a crazy mother f'er. And we thought he was so normal as Woody on Cheers.

Christopher Plummer, The Last Station -Has anyone seen this movie? Enough said.

Stanley Tucci, The Lovely Bones - Another movie I refuse to see. What about a nomination for Julie and Julia? He was awesome in this movie!

Christoph Waltz, Inglourious Basterds - Definitely the leader in the pack. A crazy Nazi, how could he not win?

Best Supporting Actress
Penelope Cruz, Nine - Not her best role. I can roll around on a bed, am I going to be nominated next year?

Vera Farmiga, Up in the Air - She was such a b*tch in this movie. She gives women a bad name. I do not think we should reward that behavior.

Maggie Gyllenhaal, Crazy Heart - I want her to win. She deserves it for her entire movie career. This movie reminds me of The Wrestler - a has been and a white trash girlfriend = Oscar to me.

Anna Kendrick, Up in the Air -Come on - Jessica the bimbo from Twilight and New Moon? Nominated for an Oscar? Not this year honey.

Mo'nique, Precious - I am really sick of her winning though she will probably win again. But I beg you, please get a stylist, you need better clothes!

The Oscar's make me so happy. I watch them religiously. I watch the Red Carpet pre-show, the post show and scour the magazines for the best and worst dressed at the event. Wendy and I searched high and low to find a place to watch the Oscars in Las Vegas. Apparently the Oscar's are the only thing that people can not bet on in the Vegas! We met Robin Williams in LA the day after the Oscars when he was a groggy mess! We make our Oscar picks (sometime for $, sometime just for bragging rights), we have our Oscar parties and we stampede to the movies before the event to see as many movies as we can. Our award season is a long one, but we are up for the challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment