Monday, October 5, 2009

Movies Are Magic

Few people are as addicted to movies as me, with the exception of my friend Bob and sometimes Wendy. I love movies - no scary ones, but I love rom coms, mysteries, action flicks, and the independent films that make me scratch my head and think I am too shallow to understand the deeper meaning behind them. I thought I'd share of few of my favorites to see if you agree:

* Die Hard - my all time favorite movie of all time. How can you not appreciate a movie where a barefoot hero screams "Yippee Kye Aye Mother F'er" as he runs around killing bad guys. I am such a sucker for Bruce Willis.

* Napoleon Dynamite - this movie has the funniest lines of all time. How can you not love, love, love this movie? "Tina, eat your ham!" "You are ruining my life and eating all my steak" and "Gosh" are 3 phrases that really have hundreds of uses in real life!

* Twilight - I admit, I am one of the following of grown women who have read all the books, have the DVD 2 - disc special edition set and can not wait for New Moon. I am Team Edward (except for the first 200 pages of book 2 and 4) and I want a Twilight Calendar for 2010. How can you not love this movie? It is a classic love story like Romeo and Juliet.

* The Usual Suspects - this movie is brilliant! Every time I watch it, I find something new. From the hilarity of trying to understand what the heck Benecio Del Toro is saying to the pure genius of Kaiser Soze, this movie does not disappoint.

Right now my Blockbuster queue has over 250 movies on it! I have countless movies that are coming this fall that I will be heading to the theater for. I want to see Couples Retreat, Fame, New York, I Love You just to name a few. I love the movie experience from entering the theater to the yummy buttered popcorn to the last credits. I might never be a movie star, but I can be one at the movies!

1 comment:

  1. Now I know where Lloyd from Entourage got that line in last week's episode!!!

    ReplyDelete