Tuesday, October 6, 2009

General Hospital Rocks!

My first memories of watching General Hospital (GH) was when my mother was home on maternity leave with my sister. We would watch every day. We saw Luke and Laura get married and the evil Cassadines cause chaos and bedlam. It was probably a little "too heavy" for a 6-year-old, but I was hooked.

Through elementary school, middle school and high school, when I wasn't at sports practice, I was perched on my Grandma's couch watching General Hospital from 3 - 4. When I went off to college, I met my friend Molly and found another GH lover. We tried to schedule classes around GH and I even dumped a Quantitative Analysis class because I was missing too many juicy story lines!

One summer, I was off to Columbus, OH for an internship and I was faced with no VCR. DVR was not around then, so I was in a panic. I was going to miss 10 weeks of GH - how would I survive? Well, it was Molly to the rescue. Molly taped all 10 weeks of GH and when I got home from my internship, I sat on the couch at home for ~33 hours and got caught up before going back to school!

I hit the mother load when Wendy and I met Ingo Rademacher (Jax) from GH on a plane from Detroit to L.A. He was so dreamy in person! I got his autograph, his picture and we spent an hour chit chatting with him and his manager. I could barely control myself as we hurried off the plane as I was bursting inside to call someone, anyone! Too bad, I was dressed in sweat pants and was ill on the plane ride, otherwise, I would be married to him and living in L.A. now.

As life gets busier, it is harder to sit down and watch GH everyday. I still catch it when I have a day off and I go onto ABC.com and check out the recaps once in a while. My favorites - Sonny, Jax, and Carly are still there and there is always the usual quotient of blackmail, murder and sex. I watched the short-lived really bad spin-off "Port Charles - Night Shift". But you know, a girl has to have her guilty pleasures!

No comments:

Post a Comment