Friday, October 23, 2009

Dear Mother Nature

Dear Mother Nature -

I am writing to complain to you about 2009. I know that sounds like a pretty broad complaint, but let me break it down for you. Winter was horrible! There was too much snow, as I travelled back and forth to Maine it seemed there was always a new foot of snow regardless of which way I was travelling. You caused me to become too intimate with the airports.

Spring wasn't much better. The gloom is unbearable. Would it kill you to give us people living in Michigan a day or 2 of sun in a 3 month period? Truthfully, everyone would be much nicer to one another.

Summer, come on, summer is supposed to be 12 weeks not 2 weeks! Why must you give us rain every weekend when we are cooped up in the office 50 hours on weekdays! Did you set your weather dial? It is not supposed to be 95 and humid in Switzerland. They don't even have air conditioning from God's sake!

Fall - did you forget that there are 4 seasons to a year? I am either wearing my parka and scarf or I am in carpi's and a t-shirt. Where are the sunny, chilly days where I can look all cute in jeans and a sweater and my cute boots as I parade around town? I need those cute weeks to steel myself from the frumpiness of winter!

Well even though it is has been less than 365 days, we are back to winter already. No snow but torrential rain down pours that are affecting my fall softball and tailgating. Don't even think about raining or SNOWING on our girl's wine weekend!

If you do not take immediate action, I will be forced to take this complaint to your superior - El Nino and you don't want his wrath!

A very dissatisfied customer,
Weather Weary

No comments:

Post a Comment