Thursday, August 27, 2009

All that is Rachael Ray

Rachael Ray and I grew up 30 minutes apart. Our high school sports teams played one another. We were both cheerleaders. Did we meet? Not that I know of - I am much younger. Varsity cheerleaders usually did not associate themselves with junior varsity cheerleaders.

Why do I care about Rachael Ray and why should you? Because Rachael Ray is cool! Sure she can be overly perky and sometimes downright annoying (especially if I have not had my coffee), but she gets what 30 something women want. She knows that we are busy and she comes up with 30-minute meals that are easy and not boring. She travels around to different cities on her $40 a day show and finds unique restaurants. I have never been to a bad one. I have tried Manana Garage in Maui, Great Lakes Brewing Co and Tommy's in Cleveland and the Ice Box in Miami to name a few (and have schlepped my husband to all of them) and I have never been disappointed. I try to avoid chain restaurants when I am traveling and Rachael Ray makes it easy for me to do so.

She has even started a show called Rachael's Vacation where she drags her husband (and sometimes her dog) along to cool cities. I want to walk around Quebec with my husband in autumn wearing jeans and a nice jacket looking cute and being very married. Who doesn't?

I think Rachael is cool because she remembers where she came from and gives back to the community. She goes back and does a fundraiser every year for her local high school and does book signings at the local country store. I try to give back through my work with the Ann Arbor Jaycees and JCI.

Finally, how can Rachael not be cool with the fun expressions that she uses like EVOO, and yummo! What other 40 year old woman could get away with this? In a few years, I want to be that woman!

2 comments:

  1. I like her b/c she has a HOT hubby and cool dog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please people can I get some new followers? :) Just kidding, but do tell all your friends!

    ReplyDelete