Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Random Thoughts from 2009 - Day 4

Given that I am kinda of a klutz I am on a first name basis with my doctors. I e-mil my primary care physician and we discuss my issues without having to come into the office. I love women doctors, since we have the same chromosome pairings, they have actually experienced the same sh*t. In February, I woke up with excruciating pain and we were off to the ER where we clearly did not get the smartest bulb on the tree doctor. I explained my blood curdling pain and he told me I was just ovulating. I said (and not very nicely) "First of all, I have ovulated for 23 years and this is NOT what it feels like. Second, I have no ovary on this side, so go fish!" Off he went to ponder what to do next! He came back and said he was waiting for my blood work to determine what to do next. I said no blood has been taken. He said "Yes, it has". I assure you it had not. I know if someone pokes me with a large needle. I may be on morphine for the pain, but I am not under anesthesia! Again he leaves and 5 minutes later, lo and behold someone comes to take my blood (really this time). After 12 fun filled hours of this, we find out I have a kidney stone and off I go home with some heavy duty painkillers! Are you kidding me? Did he get his degree at Doctors R Us? Really, I know more from being a Bio minor.

Birthdays are awesome! One day is not enough to celebrate the fabulousness of my life, so I insist on at least of week of fun! I have had some interesting birthdays (Bar hopping in Key West on my 22nd Birthday), embarrassing birthdays (being sung Happy Birthday at Planet Hollywood in NYC on my 21st birthday), boring birthdays (being stuck in Corinth in a snow storm on my 20th birthday) and life changing birthdays (getting engaged on my 33rd birthday) but I always enjoy hanging out with my family and friends, opening presents and eating cake! I have spent a good number of birthdays since I moved to Ann Arbor eating crab leg dinners at Real Seafood, drinking martinis and celebrating multiple times. I would not have it any other way! In 2010, I will be 3 Dozen, so we will have to have a clever party to celebrate!

Birthday Extravaganzas with MJ, Fay, Murph and Mindy are always fun. These occur 3 times a year and usually go as follows: appetizers and mimosas, followed by lunch and martinis, followed by shopping and maybe another afternoon beverage for good measure. How many days we have spent huddled onto Murph's couches as we contemplate the long drive (2 miles) from her house to PF Chang's and if anyone is sober enough to drive or does Sean have to take us there. Good times had by all!

Here's to a Happy and Healthy 2010 with no visits to the ER and a rockin' birthday celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment