Wednesday, December 16, 2009

No Wonder My Stomach Hurts

My co-worker, Tim and I finished work around noon in L.A. and did not have a flight till 10 p.m. so we set off for an afternoon adventure. This time we decided to check out Griffith Park and Observatory since it is the setting of many movies - Charlie's Angels, (500) Days of Summer to name 2 that come to my cloudy morning brain. So we headed up there only to find out the Observatory was closed for 2 years for renovations. Really? Could they not do this in phases that would allow visitors to still visit? Pissed and now hungry, we decide to eat at the snack shop in the park. I order a burger, Tim orders a corn dog and we share an order of chili cheese fries. After downing enough artery clogging food for the week, we decide to take a spin on the playground ride that you push, jump on and spin. Probably not the best idea!

Feeling queasy, we decide to head off to Santa Monica Promenade to see what is happening there. As we walk around, Tim decides we need candy so off with our expense account to the candy store where he proceeds to buy an obscene amount of candy that I make him carry the rest of the day. Deciding to check out a Shrimp Shack for dinner before heading to the airport, we hop in the car, get stuck in traffic, get lost and end up 45 minutes later and the restaurant which was about 5 miles away from our starting point. As we pull in, I say, I'm not really feeling to well, I don't think I am going to eat anything. Expletives fly and we peel out of the peel and eat shrimp place and speed toward the airport. Apparently, Tim was not hungry either!

Once at the airport, we start to board the plane and I am hungry. I tell Tim to keep the candy handy. What does he do? He puts it in the overhead! I start whining and as we travel a lot together, we sound like a bickering married couple. The couple behind us tells us we are sweet. We tell the "peanut gallery" to pipe down. We spend the next 30 minutes chatting with this cute couple!

So, what is the moral of this story? We are not kids anymore. We can not shove tons of junk food into our body in one day, get twisted on a park ride and still eat dinner like a grown up!

No comments:

Post a Comment