Monday, December 14, 2009

My Must Have List of Movies, Music, Plays, TV and Books for 2009

OK, well I would be remiss in finishing up 2009 without looking back on the Movies, Music and Books that made my 2009 so interesting. I admit, I am a TV junkie. So, what, it is better than being a crack junkie. I like to lose myself in the absurdity that is fiction.

1) Prison Break Series End - this was the absolute best show on the planet, ever! Seriously, it was smart with hot bad boys and Michael made MacGyver look like a wanna be. I cried at the series finale and had a party to watch the made for DVD movie that tied up the loose ends. We took mug shots (even Vince the dog had one) and we had Teddy's Tea, Lincoln Log Cheese, Sucre's Cookies, a Michael cake and Sara's meds. What other show could give us such a party theme to run with?

2) The Wrestler - This movie is depressing and Mickey Rourke plays washed up well. But, this movie was real. You know there are people out there that are this pathetic, this stuck in the past and what could have been. It makes you want to enjoy what you have now.

3) Twilight Series - OMG! I am both Team Edward and Team Jacob. Can't they all just live happily ever after together? I devoured the books, loved the movies, and obsessed over the movie making books as I continue to plot my trip to Forks.


4) He's Just Not that Into You - This movie epitomizes the dating years before marrying Tom. Not to be a smug married, but I am so glad I am not single and having to deal with this bullsh*t again. And the fact that Bradley Cooper is in the movie, is just gravy!

5) Cleo Coyle - Coffee House Series - With names like Latte Trouble, On What Grounds and Murder Most Frothy how could I not read these 7 books in a week? They make me want to find that perfect Latte, and I think I have nearly found it at Mighty Good Roasting Company in Ann Arbor!

6) The Hangover - Bradley Cooper = Bonus! Probably one of the funniest movies I have every seen and it just reinforces my trips to Vegas that anything can happen!

7) Legally Blonde - Clearly one of the Top 5 musicals of all time. How can you go wrong with the Bend and Snap song? I agree with Elle, pink is my signature color!

8) Zombieland - Not usually my type of movie. I admit, I watched part of it with my arm over my eyes sunk down in my chair. But with rules like Cardio, the Double Tap, Beware of Bathrooms, Seatbelts and Woody Harrelson, how can you go wrong?

9) Sons of Anarchy - If I was single and a bad a**, I would want to date Jax. These biker boys know what it means to get even.

10) Jay - Z's - Run this Town and Empire State of Mind - These songs make me feel ghetto, in a good way! I feel the need to belt out Rihanna and Alicia Key's parts. When did Jay-Z get cool again? Besides the songs talk about NYC, so you had me at the first note.

11) Castle - This show is one of the few that Tom and I agree on. It is witty, has a high cuteness factor and deals with solving murders. A perfect date night at home!

12) Boom Boom Pow - You are so 2008, you are 2000 and late! This song just makes me want to dance around and that can't be a bad thing right!

I wonder what 2010 will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment