Thursday, July 29, 2010

Where Has 2010 Gone? A Look Back at 2nd Quarter

2nd Quarter which means we can tell people that we are having a baby! Fay named her Mimi for Mini-Michelle and Tom announced it to world on Facebook!

Our 10 day trip to Argentina for fun and JCI was amazing! We must have ate a cow, walked 20 miles and toured 2 countries! We climbed a 125 step light house, sweated off at least 15 pounds, got a couple of massages and had 1 car accident on the long drive to Rosario. Home for 4 hours and then it was off to Maine! Never a dull moment!

In May, we went to see Jen Lancaster in Birmingham, one of my favorite authors and my new BFF! This reminds me of our other celebrity adventures - chasing Ethan Hawke down a NYC street, running into a mean Renee Zellweger on a flight from NYC to DTW and helping Grasshopper pick up his papers that were spread all over first class cabin floor.

Now, it was time for the Yankee games! It reminds me of Spring Training, when Tom and I were sitting in the 9th row of the Yankees - Tigers game and I kept waiving at Derek every time he looked my way. I must have intrigued him so much, he finally tipped his cap to me and the teeny boppers behind squealed in delight!

USJC Convention in New Orleans was a blast! I got to finally go to Mardi Gras World! There is something about lots of bright floats, free cake and lots of picture opportunities that make me giddy!

NYC at any time! Running around the city visiting favorite haunts - Dashing Diva for pedis, Ruby Foo's for Chinese and Magnolia Bakery for cupcakes! Memories of the Puerto Rican Day parade with Amanda and Jamie, the Gay Pride parade with Wendy and trying to hobble around NYC on crutches spring to mind! This trip had some new adventures also - a Carnegie Hall tour with tour guide Bennie Goldstein and a fun trip up the Rock with some friends!

Let's hope Mimi has the travel bug like her parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment