Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Is This Truly Happening to Me?

Maybe it is because I am six months pregnant, maybe it is because I think 95% of the world is stupid, but my trip to NY for work was one crazy ride. First, we get on an airplane in 85 degree heat and the air does not work when we are on the ground. WTF? I was melting like a Popsicle at the pool. I was jammed into a commuter plane with no first class, sitting next to huge woman who should not have been able to sit in an exit row because you could not even see the door no less jump out of it! The stewardess then decided that an hour and a half flight was not long enough to serve drinks to 50 people so there was not even a drop of water to be had! I was parched like the Sahara!

Once we arrived, it was a wrangle with the GPS who thought we were in NJ, not NY and we finally made it to the hotel. I dropped my co-worker off (kicked her out of the car) and I was off to get Amanda and go to a Yankees game. The train was packed with a bunch of yuppie families going to Yankee Stadium, as well as a few guys drinking 40s from paper bags.

Once we got to the stadium, the real fun began! We were in front of 2 women who talked non-stop about everything but baseball. Do you think I care that the teenage daughter is reading to dyslexia patients this summer, I don't think so! The guy next to us started to nod off as his Philly cheese steak sandwich was ready to fall over Amanda. Then him and his buddy rushed to get up, walked down the steps, where he promptly threw up and blocked traffic for a good 15 minutes when they got it cleaned up. We saw our buddies in the parking lot on the way out. Still not sure what happened there as there was no alcohol that we saw.

Once that drama was over, the chatty Cathy behind dropped an entire pretzel with mustard down Amanda's back and then proceeded to rub her like crazy trying to get it all off her. Amanda smelled like mustard the whole way home!

The piece de resistance of the evening was we were set by a midget! For those of you who know me, I am deathly afraid of midgets, so that could be a whole separate blog. That just capped the chaos off! Only in New York (and to make matters worse, the Yankees lost 10 - 2).

No comments:

Post a Comment