Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Where Has 2010 Gone? A Look Back at 1st Quarter

January 1st started right - playing Beer Pong with Ray, Meghan and Meghan's parents. Reminds me of the snow storm when I was in college when my Dad and I set up a liquor cabinet on the floor and decided if we are stuck at home, we might as well drink. Picture my Mom standing over us, shaking her head in disbelief, but finally joining us.

Birthday Extravaganza on January 3rd where there is always too much Chandon involved. It usually requires a driver to take us the 2 miles to PF Chang's for a drunken Chinese lunch, followed by Starbuck's, Sephora and then passing out of exhaustion.

JCI January Board Meeting - karioke, too much sake, freezing my a** off as they prance us around STL and make us take pictures outside. Oh, and don't forget the Korean bombs!

National President's Meeting in Paraguay - tromping around summer camp in 95 degree heat, not feeling well. Learning that Carnivale was a full contact sport!

February 1st - Finding out we are pregnant and having to keep the secret to ourselves - cruel and ununsual punishment! Also, explains how crappy I was feeling tromping around the Paraguan jungle (see above).

Superbowl Party at my employee Tom's in Maine - eating about a pound of freshly cooked scallops and wondering why I did not feel well. Using the Designated Driver excuse as a reason not to drink.

Birthday Party at Rojo Mexican Bistro - using the "I gave up alcohol for lent" excuse as I was not drinking at my own birthday party. Do you see a theme here?

Bon Jovi Concert on St. Patrick's Day - Kid Rock showed up - do I need to detail how I turned into a stark raving lunatic when that happened?

Tom's Birthday Party - a bonfire in March, not our smartest idea ever, but fun, none the less!

A real vacation - non-JCI - can you imagine how geeked we were! 4 baseball games, swimming and sun burning and loads of putt-putt. Were we in heaven? No just Florida!

A busy and first quarter - it was just the start of a whirlwind year!

No comments:

Post a Comment