Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I Feel Like Carrie Bradshaw

Recently, I was in NYC for a meeting and had half a day to wander around the city with no clear direction/activity in mind. What does that really mean? It means I ended up tired and hot with blisters on my foot from my swollen feet rubbing against my Skechers but you know what, it was awesome!

I left my hotel on 57th and 7th with 2 goals in mind - lunch and then a pedicure at Dashing ch Diva on 71st and 2nd. First up, lunch at Dean and De Luca where I had a pastrami panini which to me embodies NYC. It could not have been any better if I was at Katz's Delicatessen. From there, I started wandering, passing by my favorite haunts. I passed Dylan's Candy Bar where Wendy and I ran around getting hopped up on sugar. I passed Bloomingdale's where I had a total makeover before Molly's wedding in the city. I went into Serendipity 3 to get a frozen hot chocolate to go only to find out that they don't do To Go. They are missing out on a whole new market!

I finally made my way to Dashing Diva, an oasis in the 90 degree heat. This reminded me of my trip to NYC with Mary Jo (but that itself is it's own story). As I drank my complimentary bottled water, sat in my pretty pink chair and had Social Climber lacquer applied to my piggies, I had to sigh at the fact how contented I was. I love NYC. It gives me so much energy and the possibilities are endless!

As the week progressed, I alternated between tourist (going up the Rock), avid fan (soaking up the atmosphere in Times Square) and an old friend (going to Ruby Foo's, finding a Starbuck's on every corner, cupcakes from Magnolia Bakery). Even though I am married and having a baby, the city brings me back to my single days and my crazy trips to the city with Wendy, Mary Jo, Lori, Scott, and Tom. It is like a friend that no matter how long you have been away, it welcomes you back with open arms.

While Carrie Bradshaw might be more glamorous in her Jimmy Choos and Manolo's, I guarantee she can not be any happier than I am when I am wondering the city reliving great experiences with friends and trying new and exciting things!

No comments:

Post a Comment