Monday, May 3, 2010

Adventures on the Way to Argentina

First of all, I am a bad blogger. But here are my excuses - I was gone the last 30 out of 35 days, I was sick for 2 weeks straight and I am pregnant and have a million and 10 things to do before the baby arrives in October. So, unfortunately, that's the story. Deal with it. I am.

First of all,the trip there was an adventure. I get a random, cryptic text from Lori ranting "I hate Delta" and nothing else. Does that mean she is going to miss our connection in Atlanta, does that mean they made her sit in a middle seat, what? Could we be a little more specific here? Of course, when I call and text her paniced when we arrive in Atlanta, she is no where to be found. Turns out, they made her check her carry-on roller bag, she created a scene on the plane and the lady next to her was scared to ask her if she could get up and go to the bathroom Hell hath no fury like a woman who's "stuff" is taken away for the next 15 hours!

Next up, the shi**y plane to Buenos Aires. I mean this tin can was so old it is lucky it could get airborne. It did not have movies at our seats, the arm rests did not go up and they retrofitted sounds systems into the seats, taking about 3 inches of the precious width of the chair. Let me tell you, pregnant, I needed this. I did not realize how my body was changing until I had to wedge my a** into that little seat like a jack in the box in a can. This madness has to stop. I keep telling the kid to eat my chub (Lord knows, I had extra before we started), but so far, he/she has not been listening. This outright willfulness is going to have to stop toute suite!

Once we arrived at the hotel, we almost didn't get a room at 9 am because it did not have a view and was on the 1st floor. After traveling for 18 hours, do you think I give 2 shakes about a view? There was no beach out the window, we were in the middle of the city for crying out loud. Just give me a shower so I can turn back into a semi-functioning human being!

Now that we have arrived and have showered and changed clothes, watch out Buenos Aires, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment