Monday, January 4, 2010

Random Thoughts from 2009 - Day 6

I am a sports fanatic if you can not tell. Two weeks after Tom and I started dating it was Valentine's Day! I had already made dinner plans with my fake-o boyfriend Scottie so I told Tom I would join him for dessert and drinks after dinner. After all, I was not going to cancel on Scottie for something I had only been out with 3 times! The morning of Valentine's Day changed everything! My friend Maria called and she had box seats to the Pistons, $600 tickets (each for free), so what was a girl to do? Cancel with both Scott and Tom of course and go to the basketball game. What else did you think I would do?

Trying to stay fit, I like to try new classes. In college, it was Gilad and Denise Austen exercise videos which I subjected Molly and Liz to. We would cram into our dorm room and jump around trying not to hit one another (or the wall) and that is where I earned my name of "Hyper Spaz" and Molly earned her title as our uncoordinated friend :). In grad school, I was a stair master fool and when I moved to Michigan, I started yoga with Randy. Randy was a crazy man who drove Linda and I to drink (almost) but we became stronger. I would promptly fall asleep and start snoring at the end of every class when we were supposed to shut our eyes, lie down and concentrate on our breathing. I am too active to sit still and when I do I have narcolepsy! Now, I torture myself with Strength Pilates and Jazzerise. My pilates instructor just trained Clive Owen when he was in town shooting a movie, and she can be down right mean when she makes us do Speed Pilates. I want to throw up and pass out! Kickball and softball and Wii Fit augment my classes.

I like to try interesting things. I have been parasailing twice - once in Myrtle Beach and once just recently in Tunisia. I went tandem parasailing in Tunisia with my friend John where you take off and land on the beach. As we started to come in for a landing, I realized we were over the 4 lane road and some hysterics ensued until he redirected us over the beach for a safe landing! I have tried indoor skydiving. That made me feel like I was being folded up in a sofa - the pressure on your body is enormous and I was exhausted when I was done. Up next: Tango lessons, zip lining and white water rafting!

As I start 2010, I am trying to decide what I want my focus to be for 2010. I know I need to see some new places, meet some new people and try some new things. Now, if I can only come into some new money, so I can do all this :)!

1 comment:

  1. It will be great to watch Detroit Pistons,i have bought tickets from TicketFront.com looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete