Monday, May 16, 2011

A Funny Thing Happened On the Way to Pittsburgh....

As I sat down to write this blog, the play, "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum" came to mind. Not sure why, by hey, it made for a good title. Let me set the stage (pun intended) - Fay, Wendy and I are about to take Sophia on her 1st girl's road trip. This adventure will take place in 5 acts (5 days - Wednesday night - Sunday) and will feature comedy, drama, tragedy and adventure!

The adventure starts as I am trying to pack the Green Vue for the adventure. After I have crammed the pack and play, the bumbo, the stroller, diapers, formula, food, a myriad of outfits and some toys into the back, I wonder "Where in the hell will I put Fay and Wendy's items?" We decide we don't need to see out of the back of the car window and we will only drive forward so we do not have to use our rear view mirror. Crisis averted!

After Wendy is warned not to pack like WT (in plastic grocery bags) and to use a luggage apparatus with a zipper, we are off! The Ohio turnpike is enough to poke your eye out, it is so boring! When you look it up on FourSquare, one of the options that comes up is BFE. I agreed heartily and checked in!

Sophia did really well on the 5+ hour drive as I whined "Are we there yet?" about every 15 minutes. We stopped for Popeyes chicken (who says rest stop food is not awesome) and then a Starbuck's. We arrived at the Comfort Inn (thanks Rachel) and proceeded to acquire a luggage cart to start the 1/2 hour process of unloading the car, dealing with a leaky, POS cooler and assembling the pack and play in the room. Who knew it would take 3 college educated people to make that happen? Sophia enjoyed her 1st night in a hotel as we got some much needed sleep for Day 2 of our adventure, which I am dubbing "Bee Bopping in the 'Burgh!"

1 comment:

  1. I got a good laugh out of picturing you packing up the Vue. I don't miss those days of hauling around strollers, pack n plays and all the extra baby gear.

    ReplyDelete