Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I'm Back! Where Has My Mind Gone?

OK, I know I have been an extreme slacker since Sophia was born, but who knew that bathing, eating, playing and pooping could take up so much time? By the time I sit down in the evening, it is 9:30 and I need to go to bed since I am getting up at 6:06 am every week day morning and I am not a morning person.

I never understood how people became scatter-brained when they had a baby, until I lived it! I mean just this morning, I drove out of the parking lot with my to go cup on the roof, only to find it 100 feet from where I started smashed to smithereens! This is the 2nd time I have done that in the 6 months since Sophia was born. I know I need to do spring cleaning and clean out the cupboards, but my to go cup supply is dwindling rapidly.

If the normal routine was not enough, a sick baby adds to the melee. First, it was roto-virus, which had me running to Babies R Us before our flight to Florida for plastic underpants to contain any possible poopsplosions. Then, there was bronchiolitis, which meant Darth Vader breathing treatments every four hours. What kind of sick joke is it to have to get up every 4 hours and stand over the crib hunched like Quasimodo, while your baby is sleeping peacefully? I mean we got luck with a good sleeper and we still have to get up.

Then, don't even get me started on the wrangling necessary to shove some chalky like antibiotics into a surprisingly strong-jawed little one who detests it. Two people, lots of wipes and hoping that 50% made it in, were all part of the 2, ten day treatments we have had fun with.

So, if I forget something, let's say a coffee cup, you now know why? My mind is full of other more adventurous tasks!

No comments:

Post a Comment