Monday, July 16, 2012

Shamrock and Walk - Another Florida Event!


To be a glutton for punishment, I decided to register for a 2-mile walk on my birthday!  Sophia, Mom and I decided we would do this together.

For the 19th annual Shamrock and Walk, we were dealing with amateurs.  First of all, it started at 3 pm.  Who starts a race at 3 pm?  In 85 and humid heat? We got there and we did not even get running bibs cause we were doing the walk?  What is that?  Just because we are walking, it does not mean we do not care about our time!!!

This made me mad and with 45 minutes until race time, we decided since no one really cared about us walkers, we would start our 2 miles now and avoid the wait!  Using the race map, we went on our merry way and completed the 2 miles.  We were done before the race started and off to McDonald's for a Shamrock Shake.

They should have asked me to plan this event, it would not have been a goat rodeo!

1 comment:

  1. That is ridiculous! It is up there with this weekend's race. I was not impressed!

    ReplyDelete