Friday, June 17, 2011

Freaky Facts and Odd Outings

Well, it's been a while since my last blog, but we were on Day 3 of our Pittsburgh part guy. Wendy offered to hang out with Sophia so Fay and I could explore. First, we went to Fallingwater, which does not allow visitors under 6. WTF? They are too good for little kids? After hiking a 1/4 mile down a trail in thunder and lightening, we arrived at the magnificent Frank Llyod Wright house where apparently all the guides are required to use walking sticks. Our dressed in black, bedazzled jacket woman with hair as high as a bee hive, regaled for over an hour about unique architect facts, while Fay and I focused in on the bar and kept telling each other "Just a splash darling, I'm serious" as we giggled through the tour sneaking cheese crackers to eat (as we were starving)!

The we decided to drive another 6 miles into the stix to see another Frank Lloyd Wright house, Kentuck Knob. What a funny name! I certainly would not brag about living at a house with a name like that. Speaking of, why do people name their houses? What should Tom and I name our condo? Hmmm, McAllister Manse, Meadow Hall, really? I don't think so.

Then, it was off to a winery, and to Nemocolin Spa and Resort, which immediately plunged us into the movie Dirty Dancing as we were yelling "No Body Puts Baby in a Corner!" Things got crazy in the car when we saw a sign for Mystic Falls and started looking for Damon and Stephen Salvatore from the Vampire Diaries. We were sure we would be bit by a vampire at any minute!

On the way back to Uniontown, we paid homage to the Scott's when we visited Fort Necessity (where we don't like history that you have to pay for), Braddock's Grave and the Mount Washington Tavern.

The day completed with me going to bed while Wendy, Fay and her Dad (who was not technically playing) trivial pursuit yelling answers. I was woken up to be quizzed about the strongest muscle in the human body. Groggily, I said "the tongue, of course" turned over and prayed that these two crazies would let me go back to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment